Pregnancy and Birth Links
- Learn about homebirth and midwifery and why some people believe this is a better way to bring a child into the world than a doctor-attended hospital birth.
- Don't Be Afraid!--Practical advice on planning for your homebirth; also help on overcoming
- Cesarean Section: The Anatomy of a Choice--Know the full ramifications of the hospital birth choice.
- The Homebirth Choice by Jill Cohen and
Marti Dorsey is about homebirth in the United States, and includes a list of questions to ask when choosing a midwife. This is from Midwifery Today.
- Information about homebirth in England from the Brighton Homebirth Support Group (about 46 K)
- If you want a midwife...
- A birth assistant can help you have a better birth, no matter where you decide to have your baby: home, birth center or hospital.
- The Professional Birth Assistant:
Your Partner in Achieving the Birth You Desire (about 20 k),
from Special Delivery, a publication of ALACE (The Association of Labor Assistants and Childbirth Educators)
- Waterbirth resources
- Women and Obstetrics: The Loss of Childbirth to Male Physicians is an interesting article about the history of obstetrics.
- Interesting Birth Related Sites
- Specfic Topics
- Sites with a Wide Variety of Information
Last updated Sun, Jun 4, 2006
Items for the Chariot: email@example.com
Items for Spirit Speaks: firstname.lastname@example.org
Items for Magical Journeys: email@example.com
Items for Online Birth Center or questions about birth: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Nanny: email@example.com
All other questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
© 1999-2006 by Donna Zelzer. All rights reserved.